For the start of the new year , I want to post this list of books that I want to read for the Women Unbound Challenge ..
Im thinking of going all the way i.e the Suffragette level which means reading 8 feminist/women oriented books, 3 of which should be non-fiction :
My fiction projected list , which might change as needed:
- Maggie, a girl of the streets , by Stephen Crane
- The hundreth woman , by Kate Green
- The help, by Kathryn Sockett
- Trudy's promise, by Marcia Preston
- The darkest child, by Delores Phillips
- Push , by Sapphire
- Portrait in Sepia, by Isabel Allende
- When everything changed , by Gail Collins (womens history)
- Indira, Katherine Frank (bio)
- The story of a soul, by St Therese of Lisieux (auto-bio)
Will be updating the blog as I progress through it, the deadline is November 2010 - so 1 book a month should be a good target ..