09 September 2008

My International Literacy day participation

Today , listening to the book podcast on KCRW bookworm, I thought I should contribute to this effort, which brings me so many author's voices and such thoughtful and gentle voice from the host - Michael Silverblatt.
So , thats one of the things..I will go home and donate to this literary endeavor ..<since all the KCRW sites are blocked from my office :( >
 
Two, is getting a kindle (as a gift) counted as a literacy pursuit..I guess I could..since it allows me to read more :-)
 
Thirdly, I thought I would read some good book yesterday , but I was not in a mood..was a bit low ...cause of which is thought for another post...
 
Lastly , the Booker shortlist is announced and it has one of the books that Ive been dying to read - Amitav Ghosh's 'Sea of Poppies' .. I shall renew my efforts to get hold of it ...The full list is :   
  • The Clothes on Their Backs by Linda Grant
  • A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz
  • The Northern Clemency by Philip Hensher
  • Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
  • The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
  • The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

No comments: